Wednesday, March 4, 2009

85 Days...

until we're home on the central coast! I can't wait :-)

This week is my spring break. It's been nice to get caught up on stuff around the house, but I really don't know where the time goes. My week is already half way over. I have been working on getting my office in order. I am not kidding there were piles of paper all over the office, you couldn't even see the top of my desk. Now you can see one side of it!

My neighbor and I went to a scrap booking store today. Oh my, the cutest stuff I've ever seen. Some days I wish I could just stay home and scrapbook! Someday maybe. Julie, next time you are here we'll have to go to it, it's even called "Sisters."

Yesterday I got to observe an open heart surgery. Wow! That was a really awesome experience, a little tough at times, but very intriguing. Maybe a little too much detail for some of you, but I actually got to see a heart beating inside the patient's chest. It was amazing. I wanted someone to take a picture of me in my scrubs and cap, but I thought the doctors might laugh at me if I asked, so just picture me in all the surgery get up!

So...for those of you who don't know, Jeff is going to be joining the Catholic Church this Easter. He will be baptized the Saturday before Easter. He has been going to classes every Sunday after mass, and has really been enlightened by it, so he decided to get baptized. This past Sunday was his Rite of Election. He went before the Bishop and wrote his name in the "book of elect." He can now finish his preparations to be baptized. We went to the St. Patrick's co-cathedral in downtown Billings for the Rite of Election. It is a beautiful church. We are both very excited for this special day coming up.


Well I hope all is well for everyone. I am going to get going to my spin class, so take care.

Love, Jennifer





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yahoo...we cant' wait to see you!! xoxo Mom & Dad O

Brad and Jody Owen said...

hi Jen and Jeff,

Whoa, so cool Jeff is going to be Catholic.... Whoa....... Jennifer I need help with my blog!!!!!!!!!!