This past Thursday Jeff was surprised with a visit from his Mom and Dad. It was so fun to actually pull off the surprise. Thursday nights are usually kind of crazy at our house, because I am always study for my big tests on Friday. I had a meeting until about 7:00, so I told Jeff that we should just grab a quick dinner. Well we walk in to the restaurant and Doug and Sue were sitting there at a table waiting for us. Jeff had no idea, he yelled out, "What the ____?!!!" and was so surprised to see his parents. It was cool to see his reaction. 
Our weekend was fun, but went by really fast and school and work seemed to get in the way of us playing! We had a wonderful visit with Doug and Sue and enjoyed the time with them. We went to River Front Park on Sunday morning for a walk. It was very chilly, but an enjoyable walk. It's beautiful, despite most of the leaves have fallen. There are tons of trails you could walk on, some right on the river and others that loop around a small pond. The dogs
enjoyed chasing the ducks! Don't think they were supposed to be off their leashes for that reason, but we are the rebel parents :-)
enjoyed chasing the ducks! Don't think they were supposed to be off their leashes for that reason, but we are the rebel parents :-)
Yesterday was Jeff's birthday. He had a wonderful day, even though he had to work. We went out to dinner to Montana's Rib & Chop House, really yummy, but not as good as Jocko's according to Jeff. Then we came home for presents and birthday dessert. Jeff's present from me was a snowboard helmet (a must!) and insulated Carhartt coveralls for work. I told him, as you get older, your presents become practical and not so exciting! 

I am looking forward to the rest of this week off from school. It is our midsemster break, yipee! Except that I have a list a mile long of things I want to get done. We'll see how many I get to. I've already watched two of my tevoed shows and the next thing is to give the dogs baths, so I'm going to get to it. That will be a mini rodeo of it's own!So...hello and goodbye and we miss you all!
Love, Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment